The 3 day training is tailored specifically for first time tree climber. The aim is to impart knowledge about the basic principles of tree climbing. Tree climbing for canopy research gives insight into theoretical and practical tree climbing techniques, different knots and important safety measures. Successful completion enables the participant to access and move in a tree safely and to perform a basic aerial rescue.
The aim is to impart knowledge about the basic principles of tree climbing for canopy research.
This course is only offered in-house, please contact us for a quotation.
Duration: 3 Days
No experience is required.
The techniques taught are recognised tree climbing techniques from the arboriculture industry that will allow you not only to access the tree canopy but also to move around in it safely.
- Tree evaluation before climbing
- Rope installation for vertical access
- SRT access techniques (rope walker system) for vertical movement
- Rope installation for horizontal movement
- Using a double rope system in the tree canopy (Hitch climber system) for horizontal movement
- Advanced work positioning techniques on a double rope system (branch walking)
- Gear knowledge
- Knots for climbing
- Rescue techniques for SRT and double rope system
Get the answers from training experts
Our workshops incorporate a variety of different learning opportunities, such as tree climbing techniques, safety measures, and different knots.
Our courses run for three days in our public workshop location. However, we also offer in-house training.
We tailor this three-day workshop to first-time tree climbers to learn the basic principles of tree climbing.