What is a Notable Tree?
(Source: Guidelines for Nominating a Notable Tree for Evaluation)
Practically all trees play important economic, environmental and social roles in any district of New Zealand. However, some trees are often thought of as being of greater value than others. That is, there are some specimen trees, or groups of trees, that stand out as being notable, significant or distinguished. It is those trees that, for various reasons, are selected by local authorities throughout New Zealand for inclusion on a notable tree schedule in a district plan. Through this mechanism they gain greater legal protection. Notable trees are generally those that a community or nation regards as being of special importance because they commemorate important events in a nation’s history, are exceptional or unique examples of a species, are critical to the survival of other species, or are of such age, stature, character and visibility that they are regarded as the best in the district.
Specialised in pruning scheduled, notable, and protected trees in Auckland
Scheduled, notable, and protected trees require in the urban environment regular tree care maintenance. Regularly maintained trees are safe assets of unreplaceable value to your property.
A well maintained tree will:
- Reduces the cost of heating and cooling of your house.
- Shield your children from UV.
- Offer your children a natural and fun environment for play.
- Filters the air and water on your property.
- Protects your property from erosion.
This work needs to be carried out by qualified arborists with a good understanding of tree health and care. We at Pro Climb are specialised in the care of scheduled, notable, and protected trees. All work on, or near, scheduled or notable trees requires resource consent. We gladly assist our clients with this process.
Tree care and maintenance work on scheduled trees can be financially subsidised by the council. Please contact us if you would like to know more about this scheme and your possibilities.
Why Our Clients Choose Pro Climb for there Tree Work?
- All tree work performed by qualified arborists and foresters
- All climbing work performed by qualified height access professionals
- Continuing education for staff and contractors
- Modern tree care solutions
- Safe working practices guaranteed
- Environmentally concerned (Pro Climb’s environmental policy)
- Quality workmanship guaranteed (ISA and NZ Arbor membership)
- Comprehensively insured (1 million public liability)
- Auckland council approved contractor
Please read the Terms and Conditions for our tree care services.