The Introduction to Tree Rigging training is tailored specifically for the novice tree rigger. The aim is to impart knowledge about the basic principles of tree rigging. Introduction to Tree Rigging training gives insight into theoretical and practical tree rigging techniques, limitations of different gear, rigging systems, working methods, different knots and important safety measures. Successful completion enables the participant to perform basic tree rigging work.
This workshop covers all the fundamentals of tree rigging.
Price: NZ$215 incl. Gst per participant / Day at our public workshop locations. This course is also offered in-house, please contact us for a quotation.
No experience is required.
This is a hands-on workshop for climbing and non-climbing tree workers and arborist. The participant do not need previous knowledge of tree rigging. Climbing participants should have attended Pro Climb Workshop Introduction To Tree Climbing or demonstrate
equivalent knowledge. To ensure quality training we have limited the number of participants to 6 for each trainer.
This workshop helps mastering the the body of knowledge required for the ISA Certified Arborist and Certified Climber Specialist exam.
The “Introduction to Tree Rigging” workshop will cover:
- Fundamentals of tree rigging hardware
- Fundamentals of tree rigging ropes
- The most common rigging knots
- The PROs and CONs of tree rigging techniques
- Rigging with the Port-A-Wrap
- Rigging with a tree rigging bollard
- Setting up a basic tree rigging system
- How to reduce forces in a tree rigging system
- Cutting techniques for limb removals (day 2 )
- Throw lines in tree rigging
Gear you need to participate:
- Work boots
- Climbing gear (Climbers only)
- Chainsaw Chaps
If you do not have all the gear required then please let us know and we can organise hire for the day.