This modern tree climbing workshop is designed for experienced arborist and tree workers who climb in a traditional style. After attending this tree climbing course the participant will understand the difference between modern and traditional tree climbing.
The climbers will learn how to use modern tree climbing techniques to increase there productivity.
Price: NZ$215 incl. Gst per participant / Day at our public workshop locations. This course is also offered in-house, please contact us for a quotation.
Duration: 1 Day
A basic understanding of tree climbing is required.
This is a hands-on workshop and the participants are expected to climb. To ensure quality training we have limited the number of and participants to 6 for each trainer.
This workshop helps mastering the the body of knowledge required for the ISA Certified Arborist and Certified Climber Specialist exam.
The Introduction to Modern Tree Climbing workshop will cover:
- Introduction to tree climbing gear.
- Basic friction and climbing hitches.
- What to know about throw lines and how to use them.
- Why do we use a cambium saver or a rope guide in tree climbing?
- How to install a cambium saver from the ground before entering the tree.
- How to setup the hitch climber system.
Gear you need to participate:
- 1 throw line
- 1 throw bag
- Cambium saver or rope guide
- Climbing rope
- 2 Carabiner
- Work boots
If you do not have all the gear required then please let us know and we can organise hire for the day.
For further information or to check course availability, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Oops! We could not locate your form.