This workshop is aimed at all who work on rope. The certification processes of equipment that is used for working at height are similar around the world, with some specific differences in the standards. But a certification does not always mean that equipment is fit for its purpose and equipment that is fit for its purpose will not always fulfil certification criteria.
This workshop looks at the limits of certification, or rather, at different approaches to certification and how they relate to real world applications. For example, we will be looking at using webbing slings via Ferrata sets as well as at different locking mechanisms of carabiners.
- A holistic approach to system design
- Systems design when considering it from certification, technical, ergonomic and safety points of view
- Connectors at height – and how these need not necessarily always be carabiners
- Discussing work positioning systems
- How to integrate passive safety features into your equipment
- How planning for emergencies should be deeply ingrained into system designs and therefore also into the Fit for Purpose philosophy.
Friday 10 October 2014 – Christchurch – On-Rope Workshop – FIT FOR PURPOSE – $250+GST pp/day
Tuesday 14 October 2014 – Auckland – On-Rope Workshop – FIT FOR PURPOSE – $250+GST pp/day
Active in the tree care industry since 1990. Founding member of the tree care co-op ‘Baumpartner’ and the training company ‘Baumklettern Schweiz’. Member of BSB and ISA work safety committees. ETCC Chairman. ITCC Head Technician. ITCC Competitor, two time ETCC Champion, BSB Diploma in Tree Care, LOLER inspector. Founding member of the Treemagineers.
Treemagineers moved into product development because they could see improvements were possible. With joint objectives of improving safety and efficiency in professional tree care, the products presented here are the result of close innovative cooperation with hardware manufacturer DMM and fibre specialist Teufelberger. There are new concepts, advanced manufacturing techniques and hi-performance materials in these bespoke tree care products. Individually, each product has something to contribute. Combined, we think they compliment each other beautifully!