The 3 day tree climbing training is tailored specifically for first time tree climber. The aim is to impart knowledge about the basic principles of tree climbing. Introduction to Tree climbing training gives insight into theoretical and practical tree climbing techniques, different knots and important safety measures. Successful completion enables the participant to access and move in a tree safely and to perform a basic aerial rescue.
After attending this course the participants will understand the basic principles of tree climbing and be able to access the tree safely.
This course is offered in-house please contact us for a quote.
Duration: 3 Days
No experience is required.
This is a hands-on workshop and the participants are expected to climb. To ensure quality training we have limited the number of and participants to 6 for each trainer. The participant will also learn how to preform a self rescues and basic aerial rescue techniques.
This workshop helps mastering the the body of knowledge required for the ISA Certified Arborist and Certified Climber Specialist exam.
The Introduction to Tree Climbing workshop will cover:
- Introduction to tree climbing gear.
- Basic friction and climbing hitches.
- What to know about throw lines and how to use them.
- Why do we use a cambium saver or a rope guide in tree climbing?
- How to install a cambium saver or a rope guide from the ground before entering the tree.
- Accessing and work positioning safely in the tree using the hitch climber system.
- Foot locking for every day tree climbing.
- Self rescue and basic aerial rescue techniques
Gear you need to participate:
- 1 throw line
- 1 throw bag
- Cambium saver or rope guide
- Climbing rope
- 2 Carabiner
- Work boots
If you do not have all the gear required then please let us know and we can organise hire for the day.
For further information or to check course availability, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Oops! We could not locate your form.