Join us at the very exciting arborist competition events in Auckland. The Tree climbing competition runs from 7-8th May 2016. Full arborist competition details below.
2016 Auckland Regional Tree Climbing Arborist Competition
7 – 8 May 2016 – Wenderholm Park, end of Schischka Rd, Waiwera
Come over and join us for the second weekend in May in Wenderholm Park.
The goal is to find group of people to represent our region at the nationals this year, to catch up, to talk trees and to do a lot of tree climbing in beautiful London planes.
Most of us will stay the night at the Schischka campground on Saturday and I hope you can too. If you are interested please contact David, we have 60 sites booked. The fee is $15 per person.
If you would like to volunteer, please let David know, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to compete, please register online at latest on Friday 29 April. Unfortunately we won’t be able to accept any registrations after the date or in the park.
The online form is here: http://www.nzarb.org.nz/Events/NZTCC+Registration+Form.html
If you are competing, please ensure you have the gear check form ready and completed, it will save us time on Sunday. Here is where you can find the gear check form: Click Here
Detailed plan of attack:
- Location: Wenderholm Park, end of Schischka Rd, Waiwera.
- Accommodation: Schischka campground, let David know if interested, we have 60 sites secured. The cost per night is $15.
- Direction: 40 kms north from Auckland CBD
- Google Maps: Wenderholm Park
- Food and water: Please come prepared, the food is only sorted for Sunday for volunteers and for climbers. Closest food places are in Orewa.
- Coffee: Treetools has kindly organized coffee for the morning on Sunday, thanks Treetools!
- Toilets: No worries here, toilets are in the park.
Saturday 7 May:
- 7.30am competition setup, with gear checks for climber on site
- 2pm workshops
- ITCC scoring changes workshop (Scott Forrest, ITCC champion)
- Competition gear inspection (Andreas (Rossy) Ross, Proclimb)
- Kauri dieback (Freddie Hjelm, The Living Tree Company)
- Dutch Elm Disease (Simon Cook, Auckland Council)
Sunday 8 May:
- 7.30am gear check
- 8.30am competition
Thanks and see you in Wenderholm!